THROWBACK TO WHEN THE SUN WAS STILL SHINING AND I WASN'T LISTENING TO THE WIND OUTSIDE MY OFFICE WINDOW

Wednesday, 12 July 2017



Back in January before my friends and I had to worry about the stress of being fresh out of high school and the seemly endless assignments from year 13 and first year uni, we all went away to hamilton for a weekend to attend a christian music festival called Festival One.


Who needs Coachella when you have this, am I right?!



I think it's a fair call to say that for my friends and I this past summer was definitely the best to date. God came through and proved to me that I never should have worried about my friendships after high school because He had is all under control the entire time. I have a better group of friends now, that I ever did right through high school and I couldn't be more grateful for those friends I spent the summer months with and still get to see almost everyday.

New Zealand is one of those countries that I personally (I'm probably biased though) think is one of the most beautiful in the world. But when it comes to summer activities - America sure has us beat. Ever since I knew Coachella was a thing, I wanted to attend. Nothing seemed cooler than going away with your friends for a weekend to spend time under the summer sun listening to some great music and just getting to bond with each other somewhere away from all the stress of everyday life. But to my dismay there was no way I was ever getting to Coachella any time soon. 

I'd heard of Festival before but had never attended or every looked up details to find out if I could attend. That was until January this year when some of the boys suggested that going away for a weekend would be an awesome opportunity. Long story short we decided on Festival and had everything paid and planned a few weekends before we left to go away. It turned out to be the absolute dream. With free concerts, worship, food trucks, activities, mist tents, teepees, sleeping in tents and taking showers in the back of a truck - it's definitely a weekend that I'll never forget. 

I'm already planning round two!


XO, Danielle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Danielle Joynt © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger