BULA VINAKA

Friday, 30 September 2016


I was going to wait to write about my trip to Fiji till I got given all of the photographs or the video was finished so I would have more interesting images to post with the stories. However, I'm not too sure when thats going to be so I figured I'd write the first post about my travels while I'm still buzzing and living my life on island time.

I left on my very first trip overseas without my family for the first time last week and by far this outweighs almost every holiday I have been on in the longest time. My geography class has been my source for all of my favourite school trips and I knew as I boarded the plane to embark on our next adventure that this one wouldn't fail to disappoint. And it sure didn't. I rekindled friendships and started new ones, ones that I know will last many years to come. A big part of this is because of the happy welcoming culture that Fiji exudes from the moment you step off the plane. We all managed to pick it up immediately calling "BUULLAA" out the bus windows, throwing shaka's in the air at every passerby as we watched them stop conversations and drop whatever was in their hands to greet us back and wave enthusiastically in reply. We took that energy and carried it with us through the way we treated each other and made sure to include everyone in everything we did and experienced. This lead to some of my all time favourite memories and stories that will forever make laugh whenever they cross my mind. I promise I'll share some of these stories when I have photographic evidence to back them up, it's always better that way.

I can guarantee you that this will not be the last time I take a trip to this paradise I got to experience for eight days. Fiji will forever have a place in my heart and so will the people I experienced it with.


XO, Danielle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Danielle Joynt © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger