A WEEK IN WINDY WELLY

Monday, 25 July 2016

The only two times I have ever gone down to Wellington have been for church conferences. The first was for a childrens ministry leadership course and the second time (this particular trip which I got back from yesterday) was to attend ARISE Conference along with some of my friends and let me tell you it was awesome/2027.

We stayed at a backpackers which was pretty average considering we we had to use communal showers and do our make-up in front of the only mirror on our floor for all the world to see. Jeremy now has some pretty snazzy photos of me first thing in the morning, can't wait till those come out so everyone can see me looking like I have no eyelashes. Besides the fact that I missed my bed, a proper bathrooom and we had an interesting run in with a couple of drunk guests our stay was pretty great and there was heaps to do around the city just walking distance from our accomadation. I spent way more money than I should have on thrifted clothes and fast food but have no regrets becuase I had one of the best weeks of my life away with people that I love and there is nothing that I would change about it at all.

The actual conference started on thursday night and we had the privilege of being able to listen to sermons by some of the greatest pastors from all over the world, it was truely amazing. We heard from Jabin Chavez, Chris Durso, Brian Houston, Levi Marychurch and John Cameron. I learnt and grew so much over the course of the three days we were at the conference and am so on fire and passionate about what God has in store and is going to be doing through me and my friends at our own church in the years to come. Its a truely amazing thing when you are surrounded by a group of people who are just as passionate and driven as you are and I'm so thankful that I got to experience this all alongside them.

Brian Houston spoke about not being afraid to live our lives with big expectations because often your expectations become your reality. That is why I'm choosing to start this next school term off with hard work and high expecations becuase if I don't then the last few weeks of my high school career aren't going to be as memorable as i'd always dreamed they'd be. I don't want to look back and have a mountain of regrets. Lets live these next few weeks as if everything we do is being done for the glory of God and I can assure you that only good things will follow.


XO, Danielle

1 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! And that last paragraph..... so accurate <3

    ReplyDelete

 

Danielle Joynt © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger