SOMETIMES I WISH EVERYTHING WOULD JUST SLOW DOWN

Monday, 6 June 2016

TAYLA: Top: Dotti, Skirt: Glassons // ME: Top: Cotton On, Skirt: Glassons


Today I'm having one of those days where everything that has happened in my life up until this very moment is catching up to me and all I want is for everything to come to a stop. I just want everything to slow down. My last year of school is coming to an end very very fast - too fast and it's really making me sad.

I've sat back for almost seven years of my life and watched class after class graduate and never did I ever think that that when it was finally my turn that I would have such conflicting emotions towards it all. I can honestly tell you that my senior year, all sixteen weeks of it so far, have been some of the best weeks of my life. I've made some amazing friends over my time at school and getting to spend every moment of my last year with them have made for amazing memories that I am never going to forget. However, having the thought of leaving it all behind lingering at the back of mind reminding me that this is all going to be over much sooner than I'd like to admit makes it all bitter-sweet. 

My friendships changed quite dramatically from year to year throughout high school and I never would have thought that I would have ended up in my senior year having friends like the ones I do but I wouldn't have it any other way. It's through these friendships and through my time I've spent with them that I've really grown up and come to know who I am and who I want to be. I've needed the friends I have to get to this point, I wouldn't be the person I am today without them. These people that I've spent the last seven years with have gone through think and thin with me and no matter where we end up one day, I know that we will all have each others backs becase there is no other group of people that will know me quite like they do. We've grown up together. We know too much to give up on each other now. 

It's funny because I never thought that this school or these people would impact me in such a way that I would sit back and feel like this place is my home, a place that I never want to leave. This year in particular I decided that my priority was going to be on the people that I'm with, the friendships that I've made and creating memories with them that I'll carry with me forever rather than wishing the year away and wondering what if. I don't want to sit and look back at my senior year and wish that I had focused more on living in the moment than worrying about my future - there is still plenty of time for that but we only have a few more months left of high school. This has meant that those people that were once just kids I knew the name of are now friends and every single person who I've had the privilage of having classes with I now have memories with too. I'm pretty darn proud of who my friends are and I wouldn't change who I have in my life and get to spend these last few weeks with for anything. They are the most incredible group of people you could ever imagine. I'm lucky enough to have them in my life and I'm more thankful for this than you will ever know. These people that I to get to call my friends are going to change the world - I have zero doubts in my mind about this. You just wait and see. 

As I sit here and pour my heart out while I watch snapchats, look at photos and watch old videos I'm wishing for it all to come to a stop. I want to live in the moment with these people forever, I never want to leave them. But no matter how much I sit here and just wish for time to come to a stop, it won't. Nothing is going to slow down. It's all going to happen, we're going to graduate no matter how much I wish we wouldn't have to. It's just up to me to make sure that the time that I have left with them is the time that counts. Making the most of it is all I can do, I need to give this last time I have at this school with these people my whole heart. I guess I already have, my heart just doesn't know it's in high school. 


XO, Danielle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Danielle Joynt © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger